- Internships are listed as we get the info. Click to see when they are, where they are, if they are paid/unpaid. If you have any questions about them, ask MSU JRN internship director Kim Margolis or Joanne Gerstner or Lori Anne Dickerson. ALSO CHECK MSU JRN’S CLOSED FACEBOOK INTERNSHIP PAGE. TONS TONS TONS THERE TOO…Ask Prof. Poulson to be admitted if you haven’t done so already. (Be quick and jump on the opportunities you want!)
- NOTE: Because of COVID…a lot of internships are now remote. So don’t be afraid to apply for things not close to you on the map. You may be able to do it from where you are!
- NEW JRN internship website!
- video/analytics, Iowa Heartlanders
- digital, Phoenix Suns
- community relations, NY Islanders
- content, UFC
- digital media, UFC
- PR, UFC
- graphic design, UFC
- live production, UFC
- social media, Forest City Owls
- photo/video, Forest City Owls
- broadcasting, Forest City Owls
- social media, Tulsa Drillers
- beat writer, Syracuse Crunch
- content, The Pinstripe Bowl
- video/production, USA Baseball
- video, Seattle Seawolves
- communications, Chicago Fire FC
- graphic design, Baltimore Orioles
- communications/social, Sioux Falls Stampede
- social media, Orlando City FC
- content producer, San Antonio Spurs
- communications, INDY500
- broadcast, Syracuse Crunch
- video, Indy 11
- communications, Indy 11
- social media, Dallas Cowboys
- social media, Utah Grizzlies
- Sports Journalism Institute, Summer 2022: PAID.
The boot camp is aimed at helping students prepare for internships, which SJI helps set up through our partners in sports media, including ESPN, USA Today and the Gannett family of newspapers and websites, Yahoo! Sports, Sports Illustrated, the Denver Post and the Houston Chronicle, to name a few.
You can apply online and upload the necessary documents by clicking on the link. The deadline for applications is Nov. 1.
- The Dow Jones News Fund is offering an information session for MSU students who are interested in applying for 2022 internships. Positions are offered in business reporting, data journalism, digital media and multiplatform editing. Dow Jones will hold an information session for MSU students at 3 p.m. Friday, October 8. Deadline to apply is Nov. 5. I will send out the Zoom call information closer to the date. Positions are offered in business reporting, data journalism, digital media and multiplatform editing. These are prestigious internships and require a fair amount of preparation. Please see the link to learn more: https://dowjonesnewsfund.org/news/apply-now-for-a-2022-internshi
AWSM will award female college students a $1,000 scholarship and placement in a paid internship in four fields: sports writing, broadcast production, social media and media relations
The summer 2022 placements will be announced this winter
Who is eligible?
The program is open to female college students who have completed at least one year of college (sophomores and above; grad students also eligible). Students graduating in 2022 are allowed to apply.
What does it cost to apply?
There is no application fee, but you must be an AWSM student member to apply. Our student memberships cost $25 and you can sign up here: http://awsmonline.org/membership. If you are not already a member, you will be eligible if you begin your membership application by the internship application deadline.
When is the deadline?
Applications are due Oct. 17, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. PST.
• Intern for Field of 68 College Basketball Network: We’re looking for an unpaid intern with the following requirements: 1) Deep knowledge of college basketball 2) Experience with Adobe Premiere and 3) Ability to edit videos. The position will likely be around 4 hours per week. We’re looking for someone who can work with podcast hosts. Must have laptop and Adobe Premiere to produce both podcasts and edit videos. Please contact Jeff Goodman if interested at firstname.lastname@example.org
- production, ESPN Longhorn Network
- communications, Detroit Lions
- communications, Chicago Blackhawks
- communications, American Junior Golf Assn
- video/production, Kalamazoo Growlers
- social media, All Sports
- PR, Kalamazoo Wings
- graphic design, Green Bay Packers
- video/graphic design, Green Bay Booyah
- media relations, Milwaukee Brewers
- media relations, Houston Texans
- content creator, TimberTech Championships
- social media, Cleveland Browns